Product Owner - Analytics
Who we are:
Founded in Toronto in 1988, CaseWare International Inc. is a global software provider for accounting firms, corporations, and governments. With efficiency, quality and value in mind, we build solutions that push the technological boundaries in the industry. Our approach combines the power of automation with secure collaboration tools to help customers reach new levels of productivity and make better business decisions. As a result, CaseWare solutions are used by over 250,000 users in 130 countries and in 16 languages.
We have embarked on an ambitious new path of delivering an innovative, cloud - based unique global reporting and auditing solution.
What’s in it for you?
- As one of the Analytics Product Owners, you will have end-to-end responsibility for the work undertaken by your squad within the team. Risk identification, client queries, trial balance, work programs, checklists, and one click financials statements outlier detection, and process mining are just some of the components under the development of the Analytics team.
- Working closely with your squad of developers, designers and QA, your goal is to keep the squad focused on building innovative solutions that exceed client expectations.
- Working closely with product leads, users and stakeholders to understand their pain points and create relevant products and features that meet user needs.
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers.
- A great opportunity to leave your "stamp" as we are undergoing expansion and transformation plans.
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development.
- Internal development to support your growth and enhance your skills.
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities– for you and our customers.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- Competitive compensation and profit sharing plan
- Comprehensive benefits package
- State-of-the-art infrastructure
- Flexible work schedules & collaborative work-space
- Career development
- Various social events and team activities
What it takes?
Your passion, great attitude, excellent communication skills, willingness to explore and awesome teamwork is all what will help you hit the ground running.
We need you to:
- Working with Product Lead, ensure that the roadmap aligns with the overall product and company vision. Be an expert on the domain, the market, and the trends. Evangelize the vision constantly so all stakeholders are aligned, have context, and understand where we are going.
- Represent the customer. Be the champion and voice of customers. Build impactful, personal customer relationships. Bring the customer's voice into the creation process. Own requirements, specifications, and release plans. Research and apply regulations and governing standards to product requirements
- Foster an environment that promotes innovation. Think beyond what the customers is asking for and design what the customer hasn't even considered.
- Drive for the best customer experience possible. Work closely with UX and design developers to develop, test (validate), and deliver requirements to the squad. Drive the end to end feature delivery cycle.
- Lead and manage backlog refinement and sprint planning sessions and drive solutions to completion working with Agile teams
- Measure success. Measure everything. A feature's release does not indicate success. Define what success means for each feature and each function before it even goes to development. Develop ways to constantly define and monitor success.
- Collaborate across teams. We win or lose as a team. Product plays a critical role in creating alignment between engineering teams and stakeholders. A collaborative attitude is essential to the job.
- Manage the process. Learn how CaseWare operates, and help guide your products from inception to production.
What you bring:
- Experienced PO with B2B / Enterprise / Fin-tech experience - ideally in Financial Reporting, Data Ingestion or Data Analytics
- A CPA with an interest in technology would also be considered
- Trained in Agile development methodology with experience as product owner/backlog owner
- Demonstrated success in creating innovative products
- Capable of decomposing a big vision into bite-size milestones
- Demonstrated passion for technology
- Ability to Multi-task
- The ability to quickly learn.
- Detail-oriented and organized, with proven ability to establish priorities and achieve results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; presentation, customer service, business, and negotiation skills and interpersonal skills
- A Team Player
- Experience with Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence)
- The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated proactive contributor and subject matter expert on the product. Working knowledge of audit, review and compilation engagements performed in a public accounting practice.
- Experience developing, managing, and launching modern web applications
- Experience with UI / UX design
- 2+ years designing and delivering world-class software products
What to expect?
At the heart of CaseWare is our unique culture, which lays the foundation for who we are, what we do, and where we are going. In this digital age, driving innovation involves transforming the way people think and act. With this in mind, Caseware is committed to three core values—Community, Excellence, and Innovation. These values support our vision, informs our culture, our behavior and enables us to provide our clients with greater efficiency, quality, and value.
To give you an idea of what we mean, here are our core values:
- Have fun creating great customer experiences
- Your work is a reflection of you
- Celebrate us all the time
- Ego is the enemy
- Impossible – What’s that?
- S* happens – adjust and learn
- Don’t be afraid of chaos and discomfort
- Do what you say & say what you mean
- Give abundantly to your family, team and communities
Note: If you have a cover letter to submit, we would love to know what excites about this role and how it fits in your career goals.